Calling all passionate and aspiring social entrepreneurs – the ‘Ideas for Life” Challenge is for secondary / higher secondary school and undergraduate students who are motivated to solve the world’s pressing social problems. If you are a social entrepreneur, here is a chance to submit and win prizes for innovative solutions to change society for the better. The solutions or ideas should offer extreme ‘value for money’, sustainable, engaging and implementable on a wide scale. The aim is to solve a compelling problem in communities, involving innovations which are simple and novel, and having good commercial value.
Successful ideas should address:
- Scenario to which the proposal applies.
- Social impact : compelling problems which are observed, needs identified, opportunities seized, communities served.
- Design : creativity, simplicity, innovative, robust, detailed illustrations / sketch.
- Enterprise : value-for-money proposition, marketing and business strategies, distribution and reach, alternative scenarios which may apply.
- Sustainability : Business and environmental.
- Participants should submit a detailed proposal.
- Proposals should be emailed to [entries [at] i4lchallenge.org].
- The short-listed entries by the judging panel will present their proposal at the Int. Conf. on Frugal Innovation.
Registration for Ideas for Life (I4L) 2016 Challenge will open during 1-30 June 2016. Stay tuned!