A passionate and aspiring social entrepreneur?
Motivated to solve the world's pressing social problems?
Calling all passionate and aspiring social entrepreneurs – the ‘Ideas for Life” Challenge is for undergraduate students who are motivated to solve the world’s pressing social problems. If you are a social entrepreneur, here is your chance to submit and win prizes for innovative solutions to change society for the better. Your solutions or ideas should offer extreme ‘value for money’, sustainable, engaging and implementable on a wide scale. They solve a compelling problem in communities in or outside Singapore. They are likely to involve engineering / design innovations which are simple and novel. They have great commercial value.
Successful ideas should address:
- Scenario to which the proposal applies.
- Social impact : compelling problems which are observed, needs identified, opportunities seized, communities served.
- Technical Design : creativity, simplicity, innovative, robust, detailed illustrations / sketch.
- Enterprise : value-for-money proposition, marketing and business strategies, distribution and reach, alternative scenarios which may apply.
- Sustainability : Business and environmental.
- Participants should submit a detailed proposal using the MS Word template.
- Proposals should be emailed to (entries[at]i4lchallenge.org).
- Eight teams which are short-listed by the judging panel will present their proposal.
Registration for Ideas for Life (I4L) 2013 Challenge will open from 15 August 2013 to 30 August 2013. Stay tuned!